The dresser is all done :)

I had a chance to buy door pulls the other day, so I could finally finish with the dresser. I must say they had very limited offer, but I hope the ones I found are ok. So, without farther ado, I give you the all new rast:

and just for a reminder, the original rast:

 

Advertisements

New life for the rast chest.

Even though I am not done completely with the chest, the main part is done, so I decided to show the result already. I still need to find nice matching pulls, but it may take a while, so I dont’ want to wait till then. I will have a great excuse to make an update post :)

So, the orignal rast (probably the most hacked of IKEA furniture):

The process. I first chose stain named “palisander”, but I didn’t like the result, so did another layer in Graphite. First I thought that I wanted something more “natural”, but nah, nothing special.

In the end, the result:

I used the same fabric I used to cover the table top in home office. I really love it, threat shade of grays, subtle image.

And totally unrelated, but Taya looked so sweet when she kept me company: