Even though I am not done completely with the chest, the main part is done, so I decided to show the result already. I still need to find nice matching pulls, but it may take a while, so I dont’ want to wait till then. I will have a great excuse to make an update post :)
So, the orignal rast (probably the most hacked of IKEA furniture):
The process. I first chose stain named “palisander”, but I didn’t like the result, so did another layer in Graphite. First I thought that I wanted something more “natural”, but nah, nothing special.
In the end, the result:
I used the same fabric I used to cover the table top in home office. I really love it, threat shade of grays, subtle image.
And totally unrelated, but Taya looked so sweet when she kept me company: