As you may remember, I didn’t like the all-white IKEA closet, so I have decided to cover the doors with fabric. Let’s see the progress and the final result.
First – the original wardrobe, as presented by the IKEA:
the biggest one I found in the budget. I wanted to have one place to hold all my clothes, and believe me, I do have some… (well, will have when my shipping finally arrives!).
And now the progress:
I started with the bigger door wing. After a two-week long hiatus (travels, laziness…), I moved to the two small doors:
The first door is up:
… and… drum roll please… taadam!
The fabric is a really beautiful grey, I can’t explain the way it’s weaved so I will rather show it:
The sides were covered with 1.5cm wide cotton ribbon, to hide the gluing/ends.
I am really pleased with the result. Attention to details isn’t really my strength, so projects like these are quite a challenge. But with patience, a lot of elbow grease (I think in this case it should be called “knee grease” as I spent hours kneeling to finish it!) and glue the result is quite fine, if I can say so myself :)
And next we will talk about the bed :)